Despite being incredibly durable, ceramic tile needs cleaning and caring. Here are some easy tips to keep your tile looking shiny and new:
• If you have ceramic tile flooring, dirt, sand, and other particulate matter can scratch the surface and make it dull. Sweep and vacuum tile flooring regularly, and mop with a mild detergent. Don’t use a sponge mop, which pushes the dirt into the grout and makes it more difficult to clean.
• Once grout gets stained, it can be incredibly hard to clean. It’s a very porous substance that absorbs a lot of grease and dirt, making it easy to stain. Make sure to clean the grout regularly using a specially-formulated grout cleaner and follow the instructions. Rinse with water to clean out any remaining cleaner.
• When cleaning the grout, don’t use a metal brush, as it could scratch the ceramic tile.
• Acid and bleach products shouldn’t be used regularly.
• If you have furniture on the ceramic tile, use furniture pads on chair and table legs to prevent scratching.