Vinyl flooring is a great selection because of its durability and strength, but no floor is completely scratch-proof. Protect your vinyl and luxury vinyl flooring and maintain its appearance with these simple tips:
• When the sun is beating brightly through your windows, close the blinds or curtains to prevent floor-fading UV rays from concentrating on one area.
• Sweep particulate matter regularly using a soft-bristle broom, a dry dust mop, or a vacuum without an extension. Don’t use the beater bar attachment on the flooring.
• Use rugs and doormats to avoid tracking in dust, dirt, and water that could damage it.
• Prevent water damage and staining by cleaning up spills promptly.
• To polish safely and properly, use the proper polish – select one that’s designated for what you’ve had installed, either low gloss or high gloss vinyl.
• Avoid abrasive cleaners and cleaning tools, solvent-based products, and detergents. They can dull the look of your floor
• Despite the durability of vinyl, all flooring is susceptible to scratches. Use furniture pads on all table and chair legs.